There are times when a thing heard strikes you right at the core and thats precisely what happened while watching 'Rocket Singh, Salesman of the year'
I thing at times we are too nice and that stems from the fact that we don't really know our actual value and we were a veil of nicety. We ourselves are responsible for how the world treats us and most importantly how we are perceived.
At a personal level I think i have suffered a lot from 'Yes' syndrome where I have in order to either keep myself in good books or to avoid confrontation have said yes to things where I should have really said a big 'NO'. At a long run it doesn't help because the recipient perhaps doesn't always have the visibility to understand that you are too much pain to say that 'Yes'. This is a trait which needs to be developed specially if you are in a leadership role.
Cheers
Mitul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


agreed boss....
ReplyDeleteAt least in this point, we are on the same boat. If I count myself, I have lost many thing in my personal a well as professional life due to only one thing, unable to say NO.
ReplyDeleteIf I could have mastered that quality within myself, my life could have been different.